Friday 23 October 2009

Anya Ink Challenge #3

Michael got some free tickets for us to go see the Silvers Circus from work so off we went last night. It was a great night and there were some incredible tricks and acts too. The ending is just amazing with a huge steel ball that motorcycles ride around. The kids had an absolute ball. Silvers Circus is fairly expensive to go too so previously I had not really wanted to but after seeing it last night I can say that it if I had of paid I would have felt satisfied and that it was money well spent. Be sure to check them out if you live in Melbourne and take the kids you will not be disappointed.


 


So needless to say it was a rather late night for the kids and we have all been a bit sluggish this morning. Thankfully though I made a card yesterday afternoon for this weeks Anya Ink challenge. This weeks requirement was hand stitching, real or faux. Now as I don’t really like sewing for real I went for the faux option! I have gone out of my comfort zone this week and used a boy stamp, not something I do too often as I have to admit I just find it too hard to come up with a design/layout for them. As the sun was shining yesterday and it was feeling a bit summery I decided to use my “surfer Ian” stamp. I also wanted to use bright colours so I dug deep into my paper collection and came out with Taken by Teal and Summer Sun from Stampin Up.


 


 


 100_2831


 


The card is pretty basic but I thought as the colours were so bright that it did not really call for much else. I have used my copics for colouring Ian and I have cut him out and stuck him on top of the waves to make it look like he is “riding a wave”. I have also distressed all the edges of the card and put some twine on to give it a bit of a rustic feel.


 


I am off with my mum soon to go for a walk around Lilydale Lake and for Robbie to have a play. I have to say that since I have finished working I am loving my Fridays and spending some time with mum. I am very lucky that my mum and dad live just around the corner from me so I can always drop in when I want, they are a great support to me as my husband works weekends so they help out a lot with the kids. They are the best parents one could ask for and I would be lost without them. So to my Mummy and Daddy if you are reading this mwah I love you!


 


Until next time xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous. Great use of stitching
    Thanks for joining Anya Ink
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the wave! Stitching is a perfect touch. Thanks for joining in this week at Anya Ink.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs