Thursday 1 October 2009

A bit of this and that.

Today is the last “weekday’ of the school holidays as tomorrow I am off to work. I have had such a great week with the kids. Monday as you know we went to the movies. Tuesday Kirsty and I braced ourselves and took the kids into the city by train (we had the incentive of a shop in town that sells copics cheap LOL!). This is about a 50 minute train ride, with 4 children, hence the reason why we have never undertook this adventure before. Thank goodness that they all behaved. Once we got into town we had some lunch, listened to a band playing on Bourke Street, walked through the city, played at the park near federation square and then braved a tram back to where we started and hoped back on the train to home. It was a great day out with all the kids. What Kirsty and I liked the most that other than lunch and train fare (and maybe the purchase of a few copics) the day was pretty cheap but very enjoyable.


 

Yesterday Michael and I took the kids to Sovereign Hill. I have to say this was far the best day out we have had as a family. The kids were old enough to walk around all day without whining and to really appreciate everything. There was no arguments or tears just smiles and laughter.


 

Anyhow that is enough about my week and here are some cards. The first one I did today for my sister, Sarah, who asked me to make a card for her friends who have just moved into together. Now this is an area that I am not too good with so after much procrastination I came up with this:

 

 100_2660

You will notice that I 3D the butterflies to make it look like they are in flight. Here is a closer look:

100_2656

Supplies: SU – Great Friend stamp set, SU DS Paper& cardstock, gemstones, SU So Saffron ribbon.

 

I was happy with the way this card turned out in the end. Sarah came and picked it up this afternoon and she loved it so to me it was a winner.


 

 

The other card I want to show you is the card I made for my niece’s birthday. This card just came about by playing and was not based on any sketches. Once again I was pleased how it came out.


 100_2543

Supplies: Stamp from Gorjuss Girls Range, DS Paper, SU Cardstock, SU Watercolour crayons.

 

 

Anyhow I will be back tomorrow with my post showing the card for the current Sugar Bowl Challenge.


 

Till then xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs