Wednesday 24 March 2010

papertake weekly #37

My dear friend Kirsty son Dylan is turning 5 and as we have brought him a fishing rod for his birthday I thought the card I have made for him today suits.


The image I got from Lilly of the Valley and have held off using it as I was not sure how to actually use it (I brought it after my husband saw it and insisted that I buy it, how can a woman say no!). I coloured the image using my watercolour pencils last night and put it aside feeling very unmotivated. Then today I looked at this weeks sketch over at Papertake Weekly (they always seem to have the great sketches) and got to work right away:


 ptw _37[1]


 


 


I have had the papers (Cosmo Cricket) sitting in my stash for a while now but thought they suited the image of this card well. The card is very basic but I think the colours and they layout together with a little bit of faux stitching was all it needed. The colouring is ok think I will need to play around with this stamp a little more to get the right shadings etc.


Today is a wet and overcast day up here so I think I may play a little more before the mayhem sets in this afternoon, Elizabeth has netball training after school and then after dinner I am off to a committee meeting so between training, dinner and the meeting I have 2 readers to do, 2 lunches to make, bathing of two grubby munchkins and then getting them off to bed for my mum who has kindly given up her evening to come and watch them. 


Until next time xoxo

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs