Tuesday 27 April 2010

Papertake Weekly - Something Different

I have all my days mucked at the moment and forgot when I put my last post up that it would later today that I could put up my card for this weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly. The challenge this week was to make something different. Now I have to admit that I can be a tad lazy with my card making and would normally look at a challenge like this and move straight along without giving it a second thought. So as you can image I was sweating it out a bit wondering if I could actually come up with something different that would be good enough to show. I know I could have taken the easy line and just used different colours to normal but I actually wanted to challenge myself.


I ended up deciding on making a tent card. I have seen a tent card somewhere lately but when I needed to try and find it for a  hopeful link to a tutorial I could not for the life of me remember where I saw it. So google became my best friend (after splitcoast not actually having this tutorial as yet) and I found a great tutorial here.


Here is my card:


 


So what do you think? I was rapt with how this card came out. You can see that I have sponged the sky, clouds and grass in the background.  The image which is a Swiss Pixie by CC Designs  has been coloured using my copics, then cut out and stuck onto the swing (which was also a stamp from CC Designs which I have also cut out and used some string to join together)  DS paper from Cosmo Cricket and the cardstock is from Stampin Up. I have also applied some faux stitching and a sentiment.


As I mentioned I am rapt with how this card came out as I actually challenged myself to go beyond what I am comfortable with doing. Who knows maybe I might inspire you to challenge yourself.  Please be sure to pop over to the blog and check out the other DT’s great work.


Hopefully will be back in the next few days with another card for you all, there is a great sketch over at Anyone for Anya that I am wanting to do.


Until next time xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Love Love this Bron. The colourways brill and lovely image
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tent card, Bron! Your image is adorable and love that swing! I 've seen so many of these tent cards with the ring stuck through the head of the poor little stamp, and that just didn't appeal to me. LOL! But I really like the swing idea. Fabulous coloring and design!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bron, your tent card looks absolutely stunning !!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing! I love the swing!
    Also love the colours you've used.

    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree it seems a bit evil to stick a ring through their heads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card to Bron. It's absolutely gorgeous and even more so given it was made for Tahlia. Loved the catchup too Sunday night.
    Seeya soon
    Dee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs