Saturday 10 April 2010

The Pink Elephant meets Stamp Something

After being out early for netball and Auskick I decided a lazy afternoon at home was in order. So after lunch (we have a cooked lunch on Saturday before Michael goes to work for the evening ) and a bit of cleaning and washing I sat back and started to make a card.


As I was doing my usual surf through my fav blogs I discovered that I had made the top 3 at Anya Ink, YEY! I was quite surprised as this challenge was meant to be until next Friday (Kristy accidentally closed it a week early and as such has re-opened it and will draw another 3 next Thursday)  but it gave me a huge boost.


I have seen some of the super talented Aussie ladies using paper doilies in their creations lately and decided to give it a go therefore that was one of the basis of my card. The other being that I wanted to partake in this weeks challenge at The Pink Elephant (nature) and Stamp Something (stitching) but did not really have a sketch in mind. I decided to push myself and just make up my own layout and not bother about doing a sketch and I have to say I surprised myself (although it is very basic).


 


 


The image is Swiss Pixie from All That Scraps, Paper is Cosmo Cricket and the cardstock is Stampin Up. I have added so faux stitching, coloured with copics and also distressed my edges. Think that is about it.


You will once again have to excuse the lighting on the pick (it has also not really picked up the shadings too well in colouring) but up here in the Dandenong’s it has been overcast and gloomy all day. Think this is going to be the story for quite a while now with Winter approaching.


 Anyhow I better be off I need to go decorate Robbie’s cake for his party tomorrow.


Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs